Saturday 9 October 2010

September Weigh-In

It is now time for Jack and Ivy's October weigh-in, but this is the first chance I've had to post their September measurements, so I might have to do a few posts all at once!

I must firstly apologise for the crappiness of the ruler I was using to measure the lizards - there weren't many options available..

First up we have Jack...


Weighing in at a massive 12grams, this is up 2 grams from last month. Come on Jack, you can do better than that!
Ivy's turn...Ivy has become very domineering over the last month. Jack will look at his food for a while before deciding whether or not he wants to eat it, and before he makes up his mind, Ivy has usually pounced on it and eaten it for him. Henceforth, Ivy has increased her weight from 9 grams last month to a whopping 14 grams this month. We may have to start separating them at mealtimes. Poor Jack!

As for their length, you can't really read the numbers on the ruler, but I think Ivy is approx 20cm in length, (nose to tail tip) and Jack is about 18cm. Ivy's tail is quite a bit longer than Jack's - must be all that extra food!


3 comments:

  1. Ivy likes em small and dominateable.

    Ivy: "Yo pipsqueak! that's my tree, go find yo own twig".

    Jack: "Okay" :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I love this blog! The 1 year old pair of Southern Angle Headeds that my boyfriend and I had our heart set on have just been bought by someone else and now we have to wait until christmas for youngsters. Having read your blog and seen the extreme cuteness we're now excited to be able to have them as babies and watch them grow!! Even if my boyfriend can't have them for his birthday now. You're blog will satisfy us till we get to bring the little ones home. Can't wait to hear of more of their adventures!!! Thanks for posting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cathy!
    I'm glad you like it! I will now try a bit harder to keep up with the posts! lol.
    My husband is the reptile fan, and I wasn't too keen on getting lizards, but when we went to pick them up they were so tiny and cute, they won me over! I'm still not too keen on feeding them live bugs though - that's his job.
    Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete