Wednesday 9 June 2010

Adventure to the Scales

It is difficult to tell if our dragons are getting bigger, so we decided to begin weighing them to monitor any growth spurts. This was an exciting adventure for Jack and Ivy, as they had never before ventured to the land of the kitchen!
First leg of the journey: escaping from the terrarium:

Jack displaying some nice hanging skills on the way to the scales:


First up, Jack, weighing in at a whopping 5grams and measuring approx. 12cm in length:


Next up, Ivy! Weighing in at, you guessed it, 5grams and measuring approx. 12cm in length!



After all the excitement of weighing in time, the babies were hungry and sleepy. They polished off a few crickets each and are now tucked up in the trees ready for bed :)

4 comments:

  1. aww they're so cute and obedient. u should bring them in one day for us to see

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Sal-
    for a moment there I thought there was going to be a kitchen disaster! I am pleased that everything went well!!

    How often will you be weighing them?
    I love your blog it is awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi girls, thanks for the comments!
    Sarah, they are very cute, and quite obedient I suppose. Maybe I will bring them in to work...though I don't think that everyone appreciates lizards as much as we do!

    Fea, I think we might start weighing them every month. Thanks for loving the blog :) No kitchen disasters, thank God!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jack: Hey Ivy, where d'ya think the hoomans are up to?
    Ivy: I dunno, but scales and measure says baking to me.
    Jack: I knew it... that's it Ivy, from now on we keep a beady eye on these hoomans. Any suspicious behaviour, we bolt!

    ReplyDelete